A study of the history and polity of the Church of the Nazarene, with attention given to practical administration of the local church, the Articles of Faith and Covenant of Christian Conduct, and accountability structures to assist integrity.
The course includes how to use correct accounting procedures, making budgets, fund raising, using designated income, and expenses. A brief history of the Church of the Nazarene will be included, including the history of the denomination in the student’s own country. The course will cover the Local, District, and General structures, nature, and purpose as well as how they are funded. Students will role-play practice the various boards and positions found in our Nazarene government at the three levels (with a strong focus on the local level structures). Student will also role-play practice training others to take over various administrative tasks. The structures of the Church of the Nazarene will be compared with other church structures currently used around the world.
Click below for Learning Resources:
- Teaching Notes
- Exploring Nazarene History and Polity (USA/Canada)
- Articles of Faith Studymap (Tagalog)
- Articles of Faith Studymap (English)
- Articles of Faith Studymap Guide (English)
- Expressing a Nazarene Identity (Cunningham)
- Manual, Church of the Nazarene
- Membership Class Notes (zipped file)
- Explanation of the Articles of Faith (Spaulding)